Saturday, May 21, 2011

May 15th-23rd, 2011

So much for the whole "updating as often as possible" promise I made a few weeks ago. I have this really awesome ability to completely forget about little things like that...

In any case, my first week of summer classes went quite well. My summer schedule is super easy, basically I'm just taking Health, History of the Vietnam War, and working. The only bad thing is that I usually do not get done until like 6 every night so it pretty much just kills my day. The good news is that since I'm working, my bank account is getting nice and full. I just can't wait to spend it all on loans and textbooks come fall :D.

Yea loans! Its like money, but you pay for it!


I've always been interested in history, as the past can teach us how to prevent the same pitfalls our ancestors encountered.

Such as why Napoleon riding a dinosaur was totally awesome

Learning how societies rise and fall with the passage of time is quite amazing as most go through the typical cycle of birth through rebellion or nationalism which is followed by pride, hubris, and decadence which leads to a death spiral from which the nation can not recover. Though some might dismiss history as a boring subject, the implications of ignoring it are devastating.

On a lighter note, I'm really glad my a good chunk of my friends have stayed at Tech this summer. One of my fears was that I would be incredibly lonely and only have work and classes to entertain me. Taking a light class load has been fantastic as I've been able to hang out with some of my friends that I did not see often last semester. I really do love getting off of work or class and just going back and chilling. Sometimes its so relaxing just to be able to sit back, talk, and enjoy life!

No comments:

Post a Comment