Saturday, April 16, 2011

April 11-15th, 2011

Wow, I've definitely been slacking on this thing...

Basically I'm just glad this week is over. The first few days were not that eventful other than the typical "study, go to class, eat, rinse, repeat". However, by study, I mean try to figure how the heck I should prepare my synth lab reports and final on Thursday. The class itself isn't that difficult in terms of the experiments, its just the vagueness of the entire class that gets on my nerve. I absolutely hate not knowing if what I'm doing is correct. The lab manual is woefully incomplete to the point of missing data, details, or just outdated about the experiment. The class that meets one hour each week is does cover the corrections but it seems to place the burden on the student to correct the issues which results in a higher workload than need be. The grading can be schizophrenic at best as well. Some of friends got very low grades simply because they did not know they had to include something that was not specified in the lab manual. I can understand taking off points for something that is stated in the manual, but to simply leave the students in the dark about what is required is simply not fair.

The lab practicum wasn't TOO bad. The experiment was actually pretty easy, basically along the lines of put two chemicals in a tube, shake, and filter. The actual test was more difficult than I had hoped. The questions were tricky and were basically a summation of orgo I/II. I seriously hope I did well on it, but only time will tell!

The good news is that I am officially the Chemistry Representative for SGA! Woo! I don't actually start until the Fall semester, but I'm actually pretty excited. I really do want to play a role in the Georgia Tech community and this seems like a great fit. I'm also getting involved with the Neuroscience club as well, which should be pretty cool, especially if I can get an officer position.

Friday was a great break, especially as I can feel myself getting slowly burned out. Hung out with some friends, watched some movies, and enjoyed the pleasure of running outside after a fire alarm. Overall, not bad at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment